Today, we enjoy – or are challenged by – a workplace with multiple cultures and generations working together. Building a diverse team means including people of all genders, countries of origin, race, ethnicity, education level, disability, age, weight, gender identity or other distinguishing traits. The consequences of disregarding diversity can be costly for organizations as well as the people who work in them.
In this course, you will become more self-aware of your attitudes toward diversity, explore and address the common workplace situations that can create conflict. You’ll learn strategies to develop positive attitudes toward diversity, foster a more tolerant work environment, and build a cohesive, multicultural and multigenerational team.
- Understand the concept of diversity.
- Develop positive cross-cultural attitudes.
- Communicate effectively with others from many cultures and social backgrounds.
- Effectively manage employees from a variety of cultures and generations.
- Help teams address cross-cultural barriers and diverse lifestyles.
- Foster a tolerant work environment.
- Develop a multicultural, multigenerational, and diverse workplace.
|Before we begin…||00:00:00|
|Unit 01: Bringing Diversity into Focus||FREE||00:05:35|
|Unit 02: The Trouble with Stereotypes||00:04:29|
|Unit 03: Using Socially Correct Words and Phrases||00:02:35|
|Unit 04: The Pillars of Diversity||00:04:52|
|Unit 05: Pitfalls to Avoid||00:02:13|
|Unit 06: The “STOP” Technique||00:03:02|
|Unit 07: Managing for Diversity and Discrimination||00:07:16|
|Unit 08: The Multicultural Workplace||00:05:34|
|Unit 09: Communicating Effectively in a Multicultural Workplace||00:09:44|
|Unit 10: Building a Multi-Cultural Organization||00:06:01|
|Unit 11: Generational Diversity in the Workplace||00:13:11|
|Unit 12: Silents, Boomers, Xers, Ys, Millennials, and Gen Z||00:05:57|
|Unit 13: Recruiting that Bridges the Gap||00:07:11|
|Unit 14: Developing Targeted Retention Strategies||00:07:49|
No Reviews found for this course.